VAT Expert/Process Owner (m/f/d)
Purpose of the role
With Ravago’s environment evolving, and an incremental focus on our core values Entrepreneurship, Human focus, Professionalism and Humility, the Tax team needs to further grow into a High Performance function.
That’s why we are looking for a VAT expert who has potential to grow further as the company and the tam evolve and grow. You profile will allow you :
- To manage the VAT positions of our European companies;
- To get inspired in a fast growing environment, and contribute to EMEA Indirect Tax projects;
- To support change projects throughout the organization;
- To support the business when embarking new strategic opportunities;
- To work with the local finance teams to establish and monitor the enhancement of VAT goals and objectives;
- To communicate in a transparent and professional manner with internal and external (eg. external auditor, authorities, etc.) stakeholders.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Economics or Law, preferably with tax specialization or similar through experience.
- Proven experience (approx.. 3-5 years) in VAT within an international context;
- Good European VAT knowledge;
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. JDE, SAP) and VAT reporting/determination tools is a strong asset.
- You recognize yourself in the core values of Ravago : Entrepreneurship, Human focus, Professionalism and Humility;
- Problem solver who is able to apply the Indirect Tax legislation in a pragmatic way;
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Result oriented and focussed on quality;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in compressed timeframes & ability to manage priorities;
- A good motivator and team player with strong communication skills;
- Proficient at developing relationships with peers and external partners;
- Ability to work with cross cultural teams;
- Ability to work well independently;
- Eagerness to learn; actively seeking opportunities for self-development and learning;
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is required.
- Other European language skills are considered as an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, focus on Excel.
- Assist the business and other teams on VAT related topics;
- Contribute to global Indirect tax projects, like tax engine tools, reporting tools and the integration of new entities on our systems:
- Closely collaborate with IT department on requirements gathering and coordination of projects;
- Monitor VAT obligations in countries outside Europe as they arise;
- Prepare and participate in VAT audits;
- Collaborate with external auditor at year-end;
- Work with the local finance departments to establish and monitor the enhancement of VAT goals and objectives;
Location: Arendonk | Published: 01 Jun 2021 | Vacancy ID: 1155316