Application Technology Manager
Purpose of the role
Ravago Group, a multinational plastics, rubber, chemicals, recycling and distribution company, is a leading supplier of high performance compounds for Automotive and Consumer Goods industries. Our experts lead customers in making the right material choices for diverse application needs.For our Ravago Manufacturing Europe organization, we are looking for Application Technology Manager for the Consumer Goods industry.
- Technical engineer (e.g. with polymer science background) with in-depth application knowledge as well as extensive experience working with engineering (PA, ABS, ASA, PC, PBT etc. and various blends thereof) and recycled plastics and their use through injection molding
- Problem solver with knowledge and experience in the Consumer Goods industry (e.g. appliances, electronics, electrical equipment, other household goods etc.) with established network of contacts to Brand Owners and/or Tier 1 converters (for example, he or she worked at Materials Engineering, Application Design departments, applying Engineering plastics to specific application requirements)
- Capable to uncover hidden customer needs and translate them into internal product development requirements, spearheading successful tailor-made customer material solution development, hence delivering customer added value against next best alternatives
- Team player able to work through and with others and become a partner to existing sales channels across Europe as well as R&D and product management teams
- Entrepreneurial approach and strong analytical skills are key, whereby the focus is always on the result
- Proven ability to penetrate prospective customer organizations, build networks and establish new sales leads
- Fluent in English in addition to Italian and/or German
Nice to have’s:
- Good communicator with a positive attitude who will not give up when faced with frequent rejection or unexpected obstacles and challenges on their way
- A well-structured and organized approach to work, making decisions based on sound data analysis
Reporting to the Business Segment Leader and in direct collaboration with our Engineering Thermoplastics Product Manager, he or she will translate business strategy into hands-on market action. The new Application Technology Manager will create and capture value by delivering innovative solutions to a broad customer base consisting of leading Brand Owners and Tier 1 converters.
Location: Italy, Germany or other CEE locations with proximity to customer base possible
Location: | Published: 10 Feb 2021 | Vacancy ID: 1141055