GL accountant (Arendonk/Belgium)
Purpose of the role
In view of the growth of our business and the innovation trends in the finance function, were looking for an entrepreneurial GL Accountant with a solid knowledge of accounting processes and a keen interest in automation and technology.
As an Accountant at Ravago, you will be responsible for the reconciliation of the account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger transactions, preparing month-end close procedures and ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks. As member of the central accounting department of Ravago, you will also have a key role in the improvement of current accounting processes and you will have the opportunity to contribute in future finance projects and bridge the gap between accounting and IT.
- Bachelor in Accounting with analytical mindset or Master within Finance;
- IT related courses or courses in business process management are an asset but not a requirement;
- 1-3 years experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- Additional experience with business process management and/or improvement (not necessarily in finance) is an asset;
- Hands-on experience with the finance modules of an ERP system is an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting processes;
- Strong interest in automation, (new) technology and tools, such as robotics, etc.;
- Problem solver with a pragmatic approach;
- Eagerness to learn, actively seeking opportunities for self-development and learning;
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Team player with strong communication skills;
- Demonstrates market and business awareness in a broader context;
- Ability to work well independently and within deadlines;
- Well organised and punctual;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Mature and solution oriented attitude;
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English is required.
- Other European language skills are considered as an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results for one or more Ravago entities;
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule;
- Assist with tax and VAT returns;
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance;
- Perform month-end and year-end close process.
Process and systems
- Contribute to the improvement of accounting processes;
- Participate in the integration of new technologies in our finance function;
- Contribute to the integration of new entities on the ERP system;
- Translate business requirements towards accounting processes;
- Liaise with the Accounting Team Lead to improve financial procedures;
- Work with the IT department on European Finance projects;
- Give training and support to other ERP-users;
- Collaborate with the other internal departments.
Location: Arendonk (Belgium) | Published: 11 Jun 2019 | Vacancy ID: 1048566